FOR THE ATTENTION OF PILGRIMS:
1. Holy Mass is celebrated in various languages and rites. Priests can make the booking at the office. Phone: 04822-236244.
2. Contributions may be entrusted to the office and the receipt obtained.
3. Devotees should abide by the instructions of the security staff and volunteers.
4. Devotees should switch off mobile phones before entering the Church compound.
5. Vehicles should be parked in the ground set apart for it.
6. The sick and the physically challenged devotees may avail themselves of the wheel chairs provided for the purpose.
7. Trading and begging are strictly banned in the Church premises.
8. Rubbish should be put in the litter bin.
9. Pilgrims shall conduct themselves in the Church and the square in a manner befitting the sanctity of the place.
10. Silence should be observed within the Church and without.
Pilgrims may entrust their offerings to the office functioning at the Centre. They can also convey their suggestions, complaints and testimonies to the office. The office at the Centre is always at their service on any matter.
Week Days: 8.30 a.m. to 5.45 p.m.
Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays: 8.15 a.m. to 5.45 p.m.
1. Alphonsian: This news bulletin is published by the pilgrim centre thrice in every year.
2. Snehabali / Oblation of Love (Malayalam & English): It is the most authoritative biography of the Saint authored by Fr. Romulus, her spiritual father who delivered an impassioned and prophetic eulogy at the Saint’s funeral.
3. Atmabali (DVD): It is an authoritative film shot by the Centre depicting Alphonsa’s life.
NB: Besides the above, scores of books and audio-video CDs are available at the official stalls.
How to reach:
Bharananganam town is located 5 kms east of Palai in Kottayam district on the Kottayam – Erattupett Road. Palai lies 30 k.m southwest of Kottayam.
Air : The nearest airport is at Kochi International Airport, Nedumbassery about 76 km km from Kottayam. The routes are Nedumbassery – Aluva – Kalamassery – Thripunithra – Ettumanoor – Pala –Bharananganam
Nedumbassery – Kalady – Perumbavoor – Muvattupuzha – Thodupuzha – Palai -Bharananganam
Rail : The nearest railhead is Ettumanoor which is 12 kms from Palai and the nearest railway station is at Kottayam (33 km) and is connected with major cities of South India.
Road : There are frequent buses from Kottayam and Palai to Bharananganam, and Kottayam is well connected by road to all important South Indian cities and towns.
OTHER PILGRIM CENTERS
OTHER PILGRIM CENTERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SAINT
1. Kudamaloor (Alphonsa Bhavan): The Saint’s birth place at Kudamaloor can be reached from Bharananganam via Pala, Ettumanoor and Athirampuzha. Distance: 31 kms. Distance from Mannanam: 2.5 kms.
2. Muttuchira (Alphonsa Bhavan): Distance from Bharananganam: 29 kms. Route: Pala-Kuravilangad – Thottuva – Kappunthala. The Muricken house where the Saint spent her childhood stands here.
3. Vakakad: Distance from Bharananganam: 16 km. Route: Panackappalam – Erattupetta or Plassanal – Kalathukadavu. The only school whereat the Saint taught stands here.
4. Vazhappally (Changanacherry): Distance from Bharananganam: 46 kms. The convent where the Saint was a novice stands here.
THE PILGRIM CENTRES IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD
1. Aruvithura: Distance: 8 kms. St. George Forance Church – Georgean pilgrim centre.
2. Alanadu: Birth place of Venerable Fr. Mathew Kadalikkattil. Route: Edappady on the Pala road 1.09 kms – Pravithanam road 2.5 kms. The prayer house of S.H. Sisters is here.
3. Tomb of Venerable Fr. Mathew Kadalikkattil: Pala – Ponkunnam route – 7 kms from Bharananganam.
4. Pravithanam: Birth place of Mar Mathew Kavukatt, Servant of God: Bharananganam via Choondacherry on the Thodupuzha road: 8.5 kms. Or via Edappady and Alanadu on the Thodupuzha route: 7 kms.
5. Ramapuram: Tomb of Blessed Kunjachan Thevarparambil. Via Pala or Pravithanam – Aimcompu: 16.5 kms.
6. Cherpunkal: Pilgrim centre of Infant Jesus. On the Erattupetta – Kottayam road: 12 kms.
7. Kuravilangad: 23 kms. St. Mary’s Forane Church – pilgrim centre. Route – Pala – Kozha 23 kms. Tomb of the Archdeacons on M.C. Road: 2 kms.
8. Mannanam: Tomb of St.Chavara Kuriakose Elias: 28.5 kms. Route: Pala – Ettumanoor – Athirampuzha.